Powered by Blogger.

Sketching Along

Hey everyone! I had a little time to stamp this morning before I needed to run off and do all my errands, so I pulled out Jen's sketch from today and went to work! I've seen this BasicGrey Two Scoops yellow and rose paper used a time or two, and something about it just kind of frightened me. It is very pretty on the pad, but can be way overwhelming on a card, so I challenged myself to figure out how to make it work. Although these color are so NOT me, I think the card turned out pretty okay.

I started by cutting and embossing an oval and coordinating scallop oval mat with my Nestabilities. Next I stamped the cross from Easter Elegance in VersaMark ink and used a dauber to apply Pretty in Pink chalk all around the cross and then barely banana chalk on the outer edges of the pink. I think this technique is called Poppin' Pastels, but don't quote me! ;) Y'all know by now that I'm not much of a technique stamper, and most of the techniques I use, I didn't know had a name until I found SCS! Next I pulled out my Essential Glue Pad, gave it a fresh coat of glue refill and stamped over the cross again and then added Butterfly Art Institute Glitter for a sparkly cross. The scallop edges for the top panel are made with a corner rounder and I free-hand pierced holes across it to match the piercing I did below on the sentiment panel and also on the scalloped oval. I matted each piece with Cameo Coral and then added sponging around all of the edges with Colorbox Rose Coral Chalk ink.

Next I stamped the Happy Easter sentiment in VersaMark and embossed with white embossing powder. It didn't make as big of a contrast as I would have liked, so I sponged the edges of all the yellow paper with the same Rose Coral ink, which helped to tone down the yellow a bit. The back panel is also from the Two Scoops pad and I embossed it with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder and then lightly used the Colorbox Chalk inkpad to lightly brush the dots with ink, to make them pop a bit more. For the finishing touches I added some white gel pen accents to all the piercings, added three pearls to the sentiment panel and attached the card to a So Saffron card base.

Well, back to my Saturday already in progress. Have a happy weekend - and here's hoping y'all find lots of stamping time! :)

12 comments

Shannan Teubner said...

I love it, Julee! Glad you got some stamping time in!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So pretty! Love those colors Julee!

JenMarie said...

Sooo beautiful! Love these colors!

Linda Carson said...

BEAUTIFULLY done!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

great card julee... how fun i just finished jens challenge too and used some of the same dt as you did :-) we simply have good taste ;-)

Jessie/knightrone said...

So fabulous!!!! Love the papers and what you have done with them!!!Thanks for sharing!!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Julee, this is gorgeous! I just received six new Verve Sets in the mail yesterday and I want to use this stamp set so badly! Hoping tomorrow I get a chance!
Beautiful colours and your techniques are wonderful!

huntla1 said...

Like your card a lot. It has the happiness of resurrection in the color and the reminder of what it took in the cross.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, thanks so much,
Karen W

Jeannie said...

You did well using that paper! BTW, I just ordered my Swiss Dots folder yesterday after reading your post! TFS! Jeanne

Lisa said...

Very nice! I love that Two Scoops pallette! I used that yellow paper as the cupcake cup for the Hero Arts Cupcake set.... REALLY CUTE!!!!! It's alos good cut into strips and used as "faxu ribbon". Like you, I've been scared to use it for much more, but now I'll have to give it a shot... Maybe on a certain Mojo sketch I still haven't gotten to.... LOL!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

julie, julie whats wrong with this... its 8 am in the morning i have to take the kids to school but iam online checking for the mojo monday sketch :-) heeeeelp i guess iam addicted :-)