Powered by Blogger.

Sanded

I have wanted the Sanded background since I first saw it first released. I really can't believe I waited this long to buy it - I love it just as much as I thought I would! For today's card, I thought I'd try a little different color combo than my norm - and no patterned paper, just to mix things up. Not too radical, as you can see, because it still has chocolate chip in it. After all, what good is a color combo without chocolate? LOL!

I just pulled out some scraps of Sage Shadow and Old Olive and liked how they looked together, so I went for it! I stamped both scraps with the Sanded background in Old Olive and then stitched a border around both pieces with my Janome Sew Mini. Next I used one of the Olive rub-ons from SAB on a white piece of cardstock and colored in the two white flowers with a Sage Shadow marker. This is matted on Sage Shadow and a Chocolate Chip scallop square made with my Nestabilities. The Chocolate Chip background is stamped with Sanded in White Stazon. I just love the look! Next I was inspired by this card by Amy, so I punched three little white circles, glued them down and attached some chocolate brads to each circle. For the center of the Prima, I set a jumbo eyelet and then added a green jewel brad. (Not sure if they're Fire or Ice, because Lisa sent them to me FOREVER ago and I lost the post-it note! Thanks Lisa - I'm trying not to hoard them anymore!) I finished off with some Stardust Stickles on the flower and a white card base.

Have a HAPPY day!

13 comments

Tina said...

Perfect, absolutely beautiful.

Beth M said...

Fabulous card!

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous!!! The stitching is wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

sage shadow w/ olive and chocolate??? WHO'd DA THUNK IT??? Great card.

My workbench is still a huge mess from all the Easter Cards I did.....sigh!!

squirrellyshirley

Shannan Teubner said...

GORGEOUS!!! You're gonna make me buy Sanded, after I just thought I could live without it, aren't you. HMPH.

Alex said...

Gorgeous card - love that background too! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Janine said...

Fabulous... Love that background!!

Bobbi G said...

Very cool card...I love how the brads and the flower eyelet and brad seem to match!

Anonymous said...

Love everything about this card.

Debbie G said...

This is beautiful! I really like how you used the little white circles under the brads. The sentiment is really nice too!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

How absolutely gorgeous, Julee! I love it!

Lori Barnett said...

Yet another CUTE card! I just love that Sanded background stamp! I have it too. And I just got a Janome Sew Mini machine and am starting to use it. Seems when we get something new we want to use it on EVERYTHING! ha ha ha....I STILL can't stop using my Spica Glitter pen!!

Bethany Paull said...

This is truly beautiful! I just love it.