Powered by Blogger.

She's an ANGEL I Tell You

Hey everyone! Did you have an awesome Valentine's Day? Hubby was sweet enough to surprise me by ordering and bringing home the heart shaped pizza on his way home from work. I must say it tasted even better in a heart shape. Definitely lived up to all my years of wanting one! LOL! And with it, Mark brought a bouquet of gorgeous tulips and the best chocolate in the world, made right here in Boise. It really is the best chocolate I've ever tasted. We don't get it very often because it's $24.00 a pound, but TOTALLY worth every penny and more.

Okay, so I have one more lovey card to show you, then I promise to move on to other stuff! ;) And it's a Sprinkle card, so Sharon in NE will be on cloud 9 , getting two Sprinkles in one week! When I saw this flowerpot and Angel Sprinkle included in the Loving Mew set from The Cat's Pajamas, I knew exactly what I needed to do. Anyone who owns a cat and has a plant has seen this pose a time or two! LOL!

I started by stamping Angel Sprinkle in Versafine Onyx Black and the heart flowerpot on it's side. I then colored in some dirt with prismacolor pencils and gamsol and colored the flowerpot and some accents on Sprinkle with Spica glitter pens. Next I added in some ground with a gray marker and finished off the image panel by stamping the tiny tracks stamp from Be Still, My Beating Heart several times in the "dirt". I used the My Angel sentiment and stamped the tiny tracks below it in Versafine Vintage Sepia. I rounded all the corners and matted with black cardstock. The background papers are from the Scenic Route Loveland Collection and are divided with some May Arts black satin ribbon. I finished off with a little Stardust Stickles and a tiny pink bow in the corner.

Well, today is hubby's birthday and we have a special day of fun planned. All our favorite things... bagel sandwiches, a movie, Borders, Tully's, Lily Jane's Cupcakes...sounds like a little bit of heaven! :)

Have a fabulous weekend peeps. And don't forget that today is the last day to enter the Verve Visual Honored Guest Contest, so if you're a procrastinator, now's the time to kick it into high gear! ;)

21 comments

Suzy said...

Hey no fair! There was no Lilly Jane's when I lived in Boise!

Fantastic card it is so clever and cute! I have been begging Allan for a cat - does it make me sound kookoo to admit that this card makes me want a cat even more?

Dana said...

Happy BD to your DH Julee, and I LOVE, LOVE this card! Some of my favorite colors combined! It looks so striking and fun.
Hope your DH has a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

he he he - as a cat owner this card had me rofl!! Fab idea :)

Sharon in NE said...

...sigh...ah Sprinkles. Looking exactly like my sweet black cat does at times...a little TOO angelic.

LOVE this card!! (:)hugs

Diane Noble said...

Julee, just discovered your blog (and Visual Verve!!! woohoo!) through Dini's blog under the CSSC banner.

I'm going to create a linked list on my blog of all the CSSC. May I add you? Would love to send other CSSCers your way!

Love all your artwork, and OMGosh I can't wait to check out VV!!! So glad I found you! God bless your day!

Diane Noble said...

Julee, I also just noticed that you too are on blogspot...how did you customize your site so much? It's beautiful, but all I see is about 8 pretty plain templates when I go to layout. Is there a place there where you customize?? Any help would be greatly appreciated! You can email me or leave a post. Thanks in advance!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Sprinkle is totally my cat Roxie :)
Cyndi

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Let me try that again without the GLARING UGLY TYPO..... sheesh... I think I need more coffee!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!!!!!!!

LOVE the card! Sharon isn't the only one on Sprinkle Cloud 9! And in my house, the plant would not only be on the floor, but the leaves and flowers would be gone.... nothing left but stems..... LOL!

Linda Nicholson said...

This card brought a huge smile to my face! You're right...any cat lover has seen this scene a time or two! Sharon's not the only one in Sprinkle heaven! I'm loving everything you've made this week!

Linda

Anonymous said...

You are just so lucky Julee! Your hubby sounds like he's wonderful! And being a cat lover, I just love your card...it just says it all, and they always are angels!

Alex said...

What an awesome card - very cute! Sounds like your valentines was nice and then you get another nice day too! YIKES - $24 for chocolate, it better be good - LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Kim Ross said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous day! The Chocolat Bar ROCKS -- my favorite is the White Chocolate Lemon Lavendar Almond bark... but I'll take anything from there. Gotta love First Thursday for the free samples. ;) YUM!

Latisha said...

Pizza & chocolate sounds like a perfect valentine's day to me >"< The cat stamp is too cute. {I just placed my first order with verve visual, so excited!}. I rotate each payday where I spend my money. Verve now has clear stamps...my favorite. I'm so stalking the postman next week.

Diane said...

Cute card Julee!! Glad you enjoyed your pizza and chocolates!! Isn't it suppose to be pizza and beer,lol.

Jennifer Buck said...

How beautiful! I really love this one. Thanks so much for sharing and have a wonderful day! :)

Janine said...

Great card.. Love that D.P. It is gorgeous...

RaeAnne said...

cutest kitty ever!!

RaeAnne

Karrie Baker said...

I laughed out loud when I saw this card. Oh my goodness, too funny!!! You are crackin' me up! :)

Anonymous said...

Love this card. And you are right!! If you have a kitty then you've seen this pose!
My DH's birthday is Feb 15th, too. He has requested that I NEVER make him a heart shaped cake or anything Valentine themed. (I have a feeling maybe he got that once or twice growing up?)

Angel said...

LOVE ANgel Sprinkle. I wish I had her. :-) Your card is so fun. I love your designs!