Powered by Blogger.

New Birdies!!!

Today's card is for Colleen's Thursday Throwdown Challenge this week to make a holiday card. I had every intention of doing her sketch challenge last week, but it just never happened, so I combined last week's sketch and this week's challenge. I can see why it's her favorite sketch, because it was definitely a fun one to use.

The other day I peeked in at Archiver's to visit Kim and found this awesome Hero Arts Laughter & Merriment clear set with christmas birdies! I can't resist those birds, and since I had a coupon burning a hole in my pocket, I had to bring them home with me. I started by stamping the sentiment and bird in black Stazon. (I know, I REALLY shouldn't use Stazon with clear stamps, but I haven't bought my Palette Noir yet. Tsk Tsk!) Next I colored the bird with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol and cut out with my Creative Memories circle cutting system. I layered this onto an Extra Jumbo Scallop circle punch and dotted each scallop with a black Glaze pen. Next I randomly stamped the starburst in Sage Shadow and Rose Red and matted with the same colors of cardstock. I stamped the starburst in Whisper White Craft ink and embossed with Irridescent Ice on the black panel. The three stardusts are punched out with the 1/2" circle punch and matted on Rose Red 3/4" circle punches. The background paper is from the Enchante paper pack (retired SU!). And to finish off (you guessed it!) - a little Stardust Stickles on the starbursts and ornament.

There you have it. I hope to get a little time this weekend to join in a VSN challenge or two. Although it seems lately that my weekends fill up super fast and I rarely find time for stamping.

Oh and check out this fabulous little card I got from the uber talented Charmaine of Oodabug Alley! I absolutely love how she used the flowers from Fancy Florals as the tail feathers for this adorable bird! Such a clever one, that Charmaine! :) The card is beautiful and completely made my day!

13 comments

Anonymous said...

So very cute! I love the colors, the birdies, everything!

Anonymous said...

Why did you have go and show off these new stamps? Now you know I am gonna want those darn birds! LOL Your cards are adorable!

Genevieve said...

Very cute cards! I just ordered this set from my lss and I can't wait to get them! I love those little birdies!

Shannan Teubner said...

So cute! I love that set...Almost bought one of those birdies wood mounted and now I'm glad I waited! Gotta have the clear set...
Fabulous card!

dasimonds said...

Cute Cards...Love the colors..and those little birdies.

Heather P. said...

These are wonderful! I love the colors and stamps you used... So pretty!

Colleen Schaan said...

I LOVE your card...and two challenges with one...AWESOME! I really like the silver/gray with the black and red...very classy. Thanks for playing!

Lila H said...

Love your new holiday set and especially your new bird. Charmaine's card to TOTALLY THE BOMB!!! I think it is one of the best samples from VV's FF.

Rose Ann said...

Love your card, and those little birdies (mine were just shipped out today...yay!)

What a great RAK as well! Lucky you!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Those birdies are so sweet! What a festive card. . .just beautiful! Glad you liked the card! :)

Moosisk said...

I love those Christmas birdies from Hero Arts! Your card is so cute. I noticed you mentioned Archiver's and Kim. Did you happen to come to the store in Novi,MI.? I work there with Kim. Small world, isn't?!

Jules said...

Such pretty birdies!

Risa said...

I love the birdies...the are so cute!