The Secret Buckle

Here's another card I made with a sketch from Jen's blog. For some reason I got a bee in my bonnet (no pun intended - LOL) that I needed to make this into a buckle card. So here's what I did... I matted a piece of Gretel Cosmo Cricket paper on a Ruby Red card base. I then used my Word Window punch to punch through both layers of the card front. Next I cut a 3 x 3 card out of more Gretel paper and attached a long piece the same width as the word window opening with some American Crafts brads. I then rounded the corners on the long strip and tucked it through the word window punch like a buckle. This makes it so there's a "secret" little card on the front. Next I stamped the Flowery Bee by Stampendous in Ancient Page Coal Black on Pearlized Cream and colored with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. I then added some shadows with a Grey Tombow marker and some sparkles with some Stardust Stickles. I sketched a frame around the panel, lightly sponged the edges with Creamy Caramel and matted on Ruby Red cardstock. For the final touches I stamped the You Make Me Smile sentiment from Thoughtful Phrases and added a May Arts bow and heated the ribbon slightly with my heat gun to curl the edges a bit.

So I got some fabulous happy mail this week. First off Lisa took pity on me and my Soft Sky addiction and sent me a few more sheets of in-color paper, plus some of the fabulous Prints paper in Soft Sky! What a sweetie!

Then I received this card is from Julie at Stamped in His Image. I aboslutely adore this Wordsworth stamp set and have looked everywhere for it and just can't find it. :( So I guess now I can at least sit and stare at this card and get my cowgirl fix. I love all the little touches Julie put on this card - there's sparkles on the fringe of her paper pieced dress. I love how the ribbon is fed through a horizontal slot punch and then the slit punch is over the main panel. So very cool! And the faux stitching goes to the edges instead of the usual horizontal pattern. I wish you could all see this beauty for yourselves, but you'll have to come see it at my house, because this one's not leaving my sight. ;) Thanks Julie, you made my day!

9 comments

  1. What a great design idea! Love the bee and colors. Such a beeautiful card. What a pretty card you received! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea. I'm going to have to try that! Cool card!
    misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there :) I got the cowgirl (comes with the howdy as one stamp) at addictedtorubberstamps. Sometimes they are out but it always comes back in stock. hth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julee - the cowgirl I have is by Clearly Wordsworth (www.rubbersoul.com) and is called 'stick people'. This set is acrylic and has so many cute stick people and sentiments! :) Thanks for all of your kind words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the secret buckle card - thanks for sharing how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cute, and I love your RAK as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool! The bee looks great in dark red and yellow. And of course, the buckle ROCKS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to brighten my day with a comment! I love hearing from you.

Back to Top