Powered by Blogger.

It's a Jungle Out There!

Okay, I'm not going to make you suffer through another post without pictures. Before I tore my studio apart, I did make a quick card for Beate's Weekend Challenge #5. The sketch this week was for a gate fold card, which I have never made before. this was such a fun sketch, and since my little monkey ATC I made last week was just sitting there waving at me, I decided to use it for the sketch. I took a couple pieces of So Saffron and stamped them with a pine bough stamp from a Stampendous holiday set in So Saffron and sponged the edges in the same colored ink. Next I used my corner ticket punch on each of the corners and adhered to a Chocolate Chip gate folded card base. I then stamped the It's a Jungle sentiment with Chocolate Chip ink on So Saffron and punched out with a circle punch. I used my scalloped scissors to make a chocolate chip border around the Jungle sentiment and then stuck it to the card front with pop dots, so it could be the closure to tuck the ATC flap behind. I pulled out my horizontal slot punch to make a tiny slit in the edge of the card to insert the grosgrain ribbon to tie a knotted bow around. Finally I matted my ATC on Chocolate Chip and glued to the right gate flap and tucked behind the sentiment to close. Easy peasy and so cute!

So, as I was saying in my last post... I received not one, but THREE AMAZING packages this weekend! The first one is from Lisa, and I don't have a pic because I was too excited and drug everything into the chaos of my room before Operation Organize Chaos began, and so I couldn't locate it all at photo time. But the lovely Lisa sent me cardstock samples of all the new In-Colors, along with some handmade Ink Spots of the new colors and samples of the Fire & Ice brads and some punches made with the new flower punch. Woohoo! I am in Stampin Up preview heaven! As a collection, I think the whole group is better than last year's in-colors (ie - they all look like they will play nicely together), but I'm still so, so sad to see Cool Caribbean and Cranberry Crisp go. Soft Sky and Purely Pomegranate are probably my two faves out of the new batch. Anywho, Lisa is the absolute bestest to send me this wonderful package! I was jumping up and down when I opened the package! Thanks Lisa!!!

The second package I received was from Karrie. A week or so ago I won some blog candy from Karrie and then I also participated in one of her challenges and therefore got another prize. My package arrived and I was so totally stoked to open it and find all these fantastic goodies! The journal with Poochie is my absolute favoritist! So, so, so adorable! And the J has a little tag that says Just 4 Julee - how cute! I love it! And then I also received a set of really cool Urban Window 6x6 cards and envelopes (which I have been totally drooling over at Michael's) and some darling little stamps. I'm just so excited about my goodies I could scream! Thanks so much Karrie!

The last package was a little surprise from my DSS (Divine Secret Sister). She sent this beautiful little Bella card and all sorts of the cutest goodies I've ever seen. I got two packages of Prima Mini-Me's that are just so, so tiny and adorable. And there were two packs of Heidi Swapp Bling pink flowers. Then there were some really cool 3D embellishments, some cool sticker letters and a spool of gorgeous pink and brown ribbon. Woohoo! I hit the jackpot, what a sweet secret sister I have! Thanks Big Sis!

18 comments

Alhambra Club said...

The card is grea, love the monkey and how you used him, and how wonderful to get alll those goodies. Can't wait to see what you make with them.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just LOVE that little monkey! Your card is wonderful! You're making me want those monkeys! LOL

Rose Ann said...

I love your monkey card, Julee!! It's so cute!

What a whole bunch of wonderful goodies you got!!

Colleen Schaan said...

What a wonderful way to use your ATC...super adorable card! Great happy mail too.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What an outstanding card you did for today's challenge!! Fabulous elements.

Lisa said...

I love how you used the ATC.... I have a ton of ATCs from swaps and will have 40 more after convention... I'll have to keep this card in the back of my mind for a while!

Linda Nicholson said...

Love how you offset the monkey on your gatefold card! Really makes it Pop!

And what a lucky duck you are to receive so many wonderful goodies! You must be loved!

Linda

Pattyjo said...

Your monkey card is so awesome! It looks down right professional, the colors, the layout, everything about it is amazing! All I can say is your really talented!

Anonymous said...

Your monkey card is just too cute!! I love how you used an ATC to make it. Which two stamp pad were missing from your Color Caddy???

Libby Hickson said...

Julee what an awesome way to turn your darling ATC into an adorable card! And WOW you are one lucky girl with all that happy mail!!

Amy said...

Great job. I like that the main panel was at an angle. (I almost said "crooked" but that doesn't sound like it was on purpose! LOL)

Ticia said...

You are a very lucky girl! I love your monkey card!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! I love this! Great job on the sketch! SO darn cute!!!

Daniela Dobson said...

I love this adorable card :)

Ida said...

What a fun card! That monkey is just adorable. Ida

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Where can I buy the monkey and the palm fronds stamps? I know I've been to the store online and seen them! Help! Your blog is awesome, it's fun to check in every couple of days. TSF

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

OMG! That is one totally adorable card! Love it! He is just too cute!
~Angie

Heather P. said...

Fantastic gatefold! I just love the way the main image is tilted, it makes it so fun!