Powered by Blogger.

Thanks for the Hits!

Wow! I can't believe I reached 15,000 hits so quickly! Thanks to all my readers who have made blogging so enjoyable! And special thanks to my husband who convinced me to start a blog (it only took 2 years for me to listen! LOL), and who by total coincidence was the 15,000th hit when he logged on to see how many hits I had tonight! Being the computer guy that he is, he even thought to take a screenshot so I could post it on my blog.

My card contest is officially ended, and now the hard part (for me) begins. I'm just blown away by the caliber of cards you all sent. They are all just beautiful! Thanks so much for participating! I've recruited hubby to help me deliberate over the winners. We're going to hash it out this weekend and announce the winners on Sunday night.

Today's card is one I made for Cindy. I just love this A Muse sentiment. The card measures 4 x 9" long and fits in a regular business sized envelope. I used two different patterned papers from my new Daisy D Beacon Hill Paper Pad and distressed with a foam sponge and a Ranger Vintage Photo distress inkpad. I then tied some BoBunny lacey ribbon around the card in a bow.
I stamped the A Muse A True Friend stamp with VintagePhoto, punched out with a Mega Scalloped Square punch, inked up the edges with my foam sponge and then mounted on a Not Quite Navy Giga Scalloped Square. I used the mega scalloped square punch to create the two corner tabs and glued them to diagonal ends of the card and stamped one of the flourishes from Fancy Flexible Phrases in Very Vanilla Craft ink. I used a D-ring and two brads from my Hodgepodge Hardware tin to secure the sentiment panel and then added crystal effects to the words friend, blessing and the two corner flourishes. I finished by rounding all of the corners with my corner rounder.

9 comments

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Gorgeous card Jules!! I love the vintage feel. I have never used a foam sponge....you mean like a makeup sponge?? I bet it does a 'softer' look....I use the SU ones and am not always happy with the results! Something else for me to try....thanks for the tip!!

Lindy Stamper said...

Congrats to 15,000!!!!

Wow, that's a big number. ;-)

Julie S. said...

Julee -- wow, this totally hits my style, and I am just getting into the Daisy D paper, so Yahoo for seeing it put to such good use. I hope you won't take this wrong, but I don't like the crystal effects at all... seems kinda "blobby" -- do you heat emboss at all? Fussier, for sure, but in some ways it is so much easier to control... Still a WOWSER card. Absolutely _love_ it.

And CONGRATS on hitting the 15,000 milestone! You so deserve it :^)
Julie Shannon

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Congrats on hitting 15,000! Woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

Na Na Na Boo Boo... I got this caaaarrrrd!!! *snort*
It is gorgeous isn't it?
Congrats on your 15K Jules! You are headed for stardom sistah!

Allison Rankin said...

This card looks terrific...love the distressed look with the Ranger ink!

Kristine said...

Congrats!! That's so awesome to have such an amazing plethora of readers!! ;o)

QuiltNut Creations said...

gorgeous card. this card size is my favorite size right now. love how you rounded the corners

congrats on the 15000!

StampingontheLakefront said...

Really beautiful card. Your blog rocks! Congratulations on 15K!!!