Powered by Blogger.

My First Bella Card

Today's the day!!! I fly out this morning at 11AM for my VSN getaway and true to my last minute personality it's 1 AM and I'm still posting, packing and trying desperately to find the email with my flight confirmation on it! LOL!
I just got this Bella in an image swap and thought I'd take a stab at my first Bella card. What a fun little thang Miss CosmoBella is! She just looks like the life of the party! I think I picked this card tonight because I might be needing a little something for my nerves before I get on that plane in the morning! I'm okay once I'm in the air... but the take-off and landing just leave me terrified. If you've ever seen Meg Ryan in the movie French Kiss, then you have a little idea what I'm talking about! LOL

I colored Cosmo with prismacolors and mineral spirits, added a little sparkle to her martini with my stardust pen, stamped cheers in Black Stazon with my Karen Foster Snap stamps and doodled a border around the edges. Next I framed her on some green Phoebe Basic Grey paper and added two photo corner punches to opposite corners. Next I matted more Phoebe paper on a Chocolate Chip card base and accented the circles with Dazzling Diamonds and Crystal Effects.

I originally had a different layout in mind for this card, but I messed up the doodles on the corner by the cheers, so I had to figure out a way to cover it up! Primas to the rescue! Turning Cosmo askew, I used my craft knife to slit a hole in the cardfold large enough for the ribbon to pass through on the top and bottom. Finished off with some Prima Forever Flowers and a rhinestone brad.

10 comments

Anonymous said...

I just forwarded you your Ticket Confirmation LOL..what would you do without me? hee hee
Love the Bella-licious card! Have a few drinks sistah! I don't mind if you're a lush by the time you get here, just no pukey pukey in my truck! Chris vacuumed it on the weekend!! Bwahahahaha

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Love your card! LOVE the way the ribbon is on an angle. . .very cool! Have a great trip and safe flight!

Linda Nicholson said...

What a beautiful Bella! Have a wonderful time with your stamping friends...you deserve it!

Quick question for you when you have the chance, do you actually have a photo corner punch? Can you tell me who makes it? I checked my Archiver's last week and didn't find one, but if I know that they're out there, I'll be on a punch mission.

Linda (LSN on SCS)

Michelle W. said...

This is a great Bella card! I just love those Bellas don't you? I love your color choices and the ribbon on an angle.

Allison Rankin said...

Super cute...love the DP (esp. since I have it too!)...

Melissa said...

Fabulous Bella! Have a great time on your retreat!

Unknown said...

Loved your card. You sure know what you are doing. Thanks for the lead to Page Maps. News to me!!!!!! Thanks, Waymo

Lisa said...

I love cosmo-bella! She was the first Bella I bought!

Have fun this weekend!!!!!

(still totally jealous....... LOL!)

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

What a gaw-jus card!! It's Bellalicious!! Safe trip, girl and have a blast!!! I wanna see all the loot you buy too!!! Happy stampin'!!

Lisa and Penny said...

HI!!!Can you tell me everything there is to know about that corner punch? I LOVE it!!! Thanks, Lisa K