Powered by Blogger.

Home sweet home!

Well, my awesome VSN vacation is over and it's back to Idaho for this exhausted little chickadee! Tonight I showed my hubby all my cards and this is the one he chose for today's upload. It was actually made for someone I was thinking of when I was at Cindy's. It will hopefully make it to the post office today since I forgot to send it when I was at Cindy's!

Cindy and I had a blast this weekend picking PageMaps sketches for us both to do. This was the first sketch we did and from there we alternated who got to do the picking. I started this card by stamping Utopia from World Tour in Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla, cutting out and matting on Chocolate Chip. I mounted on some really cool postage stamp paper I got in the clearance bin at one of the LSS's we went to in our travels. Sorry, there was no name on the paper. The faux rivets are made with medium sized brads, chocolate chip circle punches and little dots all around them with a clear glaze pen. The glaze gives it a really neat effect - click the picture to make it bigger - hopefully you can see the detail! The Wish You Were Here stamp is from Cindy's massive collection of stamps and OOPS! - I don't remember who makes it! I used a tiny circle punch for a faux ticket corner punch and added a little polka dot ribbon.
Don't worry... I haven't forgotten my big announcement... and my promise of pictures from our shopping trip! They'll be coming this week!

10 comments

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Hey there Julee!! Glad you got home safe and sound!! Love the patterned paper and the brad elements! I never thought of using pagemaps for my cards!! U so smart!!

The Closet Fashionista said...

Very nice! A perfect theme for your weekend. :)

How do you take photographs of your cards? Yours always turn out so lovely. Mine....er, not so much.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Awesome card! Love that patterned paper! Love that set too. . .I kept talking myself out of buying it! Your wonderful card may have talked me into it! LOL

Anonymous said...

Alright Julee, the suspense is killing me...what's the big announcement????? Ü
Love your card by the way, I have that set and have yet to use it. Guess I better ink it up sometime this week, okay, maybe next week. LOL
Glad you are back home safe & sound!

Linda Nicholson said...

Beautiful card as always chickie! Glad you had fun and that you're safe and sound. That PP is just awesome, lends a real epherma feel to the whole card. Love the glaze pen touches too.

TFS!

Linda

Allison Rankin said...

This looks terrific...I love that stamp and the PP is perfect!

VMS and ScrapbookingOasis said...

Love your card! Great work. Love the "rivets" you made.

Kendra Hernandez said...

julee it sounds like you had an amazing time - can't wait to see those pictures! :) great card btw!

Anonymous said...

*sniff sniff* I miss you soooo much already =(
I can't wait til I come to visit you now! 2 months seems sooooo far away huh? *Insert pouty lip*

dawnmercedes said...

what a tease! I am waiting for the announcement!