Powered by Blogger.

More VSN!!!

I was able to finish a few challenges tonight and thought I would share my creations. First up is the Inspirational Challenge.


For this card I began by stamping Love Puppy in Basic Brown and accenting with my pink stardust pen and Pretty in Pink watercolor crayon and aquapainter. Also did a swipe with the Close to Cocoa watercolor crayon for his dirt pile. Next I dotted all around the image with Rose Red, Pretty in Pink and Chocolate Chip Stampin Write Markers. Cut out with scissors and sponged the edges with Rose Red Stampin Pastels.


For the next layer, I cut strips of Chocolate Chip and glued them on to Rose Red and cut out to border the puppy image. Used my stardust pen for some doodles on the edges. Just got a new embossing folder for my Cuttlebug with my 40% off Joann's coupon so I had to test it out! Ran Pretty in Pink through the Cuttlebug and then highlighted diagonal squares with Rose Red pastels and a dauber. Made a few highlights with the gel pen and added some random pink jewel stickers for some bling.


Next I cut the pink edge with my Creative Memories Wavy Cutting System and then cut one more time about a 1/4" over to get the wavy strip at the bottom. Glued the Pretty in Pink piece on to Chocolate Chip randomly stamped with the Medium Heart Circle in Chocolate Chip. Then I highlighted with my stardust pen and added some adhesive rhinestones. Added some doodles to the wavy strip and glued to the bottom and then cut a slit in the edge of the card for my ribbon to go through. Tied the ribbon, adding a padlocked heart charm and then used my heat gun to do the heated ribbon technique. Had never tried that before...boy was it fun! Finally glued the puppy layer on with pop dots.




The next card was for the Diamonds & Pearls challenge to use both glitter and Pearl-Ex. I had never tried Painted Pearls and I think I found a new addiction. This was so fun.

The background piece is Very Vanilla painted with a mixture of Crystal Effects, Micro Pearl-Ex and Cool Caribbean re-inker. Before it fully dried, I poured Dazzling Diamonds over it and then stamped with Ronna Ferrer's Swirls in Black Stazon.For the black rectangle, I stamped the swirls with a mixture of cool caribbean, Lumiere, micro Pearl-Ex and water and then poured Dazzling Diamonds over it while it was still wet.For the scalloped oval, this is Very Vanilla painted with Cool Caribbean reinker, Lumiere, micro Pearl-Ex and water and then overstamped with Happy Harmony in Black Stazon. Glitter mixed with Crystal Effects was applied with a paint brush to the flowers and swirls and around the perimeter of the black oval.

5 comments

Allison Rankin said...

Wow...these are terrific! You know me...always love a Sprinkle or Poochie card!

Cindy Lou Who said...

These are your VSN Cards?? R U KIDDING ME?? OMGOSH!! They are DIVINE!!! Man Alive!! You Rock!

Amy said...

jeepers, are you ever talented! Great blog!

Anonymous said...

I am in love with the doggy stamp and what you do with it. The little heart on that card attached to the ribbon really makes it special. It's hard to believe that anyone could do these cards in the 45 minute time limit! They are outstanding!
Shelley

Unknown said...

Your cards are so beautiful. I thought the first card was the most attractive one, I had seen, then scrolled down and saw the other two. Now, what do I do? How do I decide which card I like the best? I choose all three!!!