Powered by Blogger.

Live Big

Today I tried to come up with a new card and everything I did just seemed forced. Do you ever have days like that? No matter what I tried, brilliance was just not gonna hit in my stamp room ! :) This personal challenge to use patterned paper is a lot harder than it sounds. I decided I wanted to make a really special birthday card for my hubby. He loves distressing, so I had this idea to make a graffiti looking card with my Think Big set (since I don't have any masculine sets). It looked much better in my head than it does on paper! LOL! I'm kind of embarrassed to show you all this card, but I'm gonna upload it anyway. If only to remind myself that it's okay to have bad days! I know hubby will love it because he sincerely loves everything I make. Bless his heart!
So with out further ado... today's card features designer paper by Cross My Heart that came in my February Self-Addressed kit. I wasn't really impressed with this month's paper collection, but I did like the caribbean and brown striped papers. First I stamped the Big stamp from Think Big on the dark striped paper with Timber Brown Stazon and then ran through my Cuttlebug using one of my BISK (Big Impressions Starter Kit) texture templates. Then I sanded it to highlight the embossed sections and make it look like a brick wall. Next I did stitched outlines with my gel pen around the letters and then used my Stamp-a-majig to stamp again (a little offset) over the top with a mixture of Lumiere, Pearl-Ex and Cool Caribbean reinker. Once that dried I stamped over the top again with Timber Brown Stazon. I then tore the edges and mounted on the chocolatey cardstock (also ran through the Cuttlebug) and tore those edges as well.

On the turquoise striped paper I used my Stamp-a-majig to stamp dream and live across the top and bottom of the paper. I then used my Typeset Lower Alphabet and randomly stamped all the letters the words dream, live and big. I then matted it on a slightly larger piece of the brown striped paper and added the hodgepodge hardware to highlight the Live and then also added some brads around the big brick panel. Finally I distressed the edges of the card with my Tonic paper distresser and used the Timber Brown Stazon directly on the paper for a bit more grunge. (BIG mistake on my part! Got a little carried away, I think!) :)

3 comments

Anonymous said...

I think its great!! Very masculine and I immediately thought of graffiti when I saw it!! Nothing gained without goin' out on a limb, right??

SS

Cindy Lou Who said...

I too think it is totally masc. There isn't anything wrong with it sistah!
DH will love it, watch n see!
(((hugs)))
P.S. I am sooo proud of ya for using some PP!! KUDOS!

Lisa said...

Well, I think it's great!