Powered by Blogger.

Happy Valentine's Day RAK!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I figured I'd celebrate with a little Valentine's RAK. Just comment on this post before 10 pm Mountain Time (12 ET) tonight and I'll have my sweetie pick a random winner to receive this card.

A few weeks ago I was in JoAnn's and I saw this The Little Princess stamp in the $1 bin and knew I just HAD to buy it and make a card with Sprinkle and her crown! Isn't she cute??? In keeping with my patterned paper challenge, today's card features paper from the LilyKate collection of Basic Grey papers. Yummy!!! Here's the details on the card.... I stamped the Cat's Pajamas Sprinkle and the Crown (lining them up with my Stamp-a-majig) in Black Stazon directly on the LilyKate Paper and cut out with my Creative Memories oval cutting system and matted on Basic Black cardstock. Next I pierced holes around the oval and dotted with a mixture of Dazzling Diamonds, Crystal Effects and Cool Caribbean inker. (I thought I picked up Bashful Blue, but mistakenly picked up the Caribbean. Oh well, it turned out all right! LOL) I also colored in the crown and collar with the glittery mixture. Next I stamped The Little Princes stamp in Black Stazon on LilyKate Paper and matted with Basic Black and used my slot punch on each end to make a ribbon slider. A few Making Memories brads and we were done.

14 comments

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day right back at ya.....
I just love this card, very nice. I am wondering how you made the glitter. I know what you used, but how did you get it so perfect on the card? Did you put it into an other bottle?? WOW---very nice.
Kristi

Amy said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I love this card. My daughter's first birthday is around the corner and it would be so fun to give her this! Have a super day!

Amy said...

P.S. Oh, and how do you mix the glitter and ink? I have the same question as Kristi. That was a fabulous idea.

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too! Sprinkle looks very regal with her crown on. Love all the sparkle and the background paper choice.

Linda

Lisa said...

And Happy Valentine's Day to you too! I love this card.... SO CUTE! Looks like Mardi Gras!

Allison Rankin said...

This looks terrific...you know me, I am sucker for a Sprinkle card (great use of DP, BTW!).

Nancy said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Love this card (also your blog) and I know just the person I would sent it to...if I won.

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

Oh how cute is that!?! it fits me to a T!! i wish our joanns over here had a good selection of dollar stamps--they just don't!! thanks, the princess!

~Lana B.~ said...

Happy Valentines Day to you too! Honestly, I'm not a huge cat fan...but darn if this kitty isn't one of the cutest princesses I've ever seen! LOL Just adorable! And that paper is yum-o!!!! Thanks so much for sharing w/ us!!
~Lana B.~

Anonymous said...

That Cat has such a funny smug expression, it cracks me UP everytime!! Happy Valentines Day to YOU!! XOXOXOX!!

SS

Cindy Lou Who said...

DOH!!! I am totally a little princess!! YUP!! ME ME ME!! All about me!!! Bwahahahaha
Love the card! It's DEE-ISH!
Love the glitter baby!! BLING BLING!!

~pl said...

I love cat stamps - don't have any yet - have to find some fun ones!! Happy V-day - my bf is fast asleep on the couch :) Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards!!

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

cute card!

Unknown said...

It looks like a cat who rules the house; and don't most cats feel that way. LOL My grand-daughter loves cats snd she thinks she A Little Princess! This card would be so right-on for her!!!