An Asian Detour

Okay, I thought I'd take a little break from my cat cards and let you see what I've been working on with my Pink Cat Studio Oriental stamps. This card didn't come together exactly as I had planned, but they can't all be winners, right? I fiddled and I fussed, but it just didn't get any better! LOL! This sketch is one of Becky Flecks Tag Maps, which I turned into a card sketch. It is actually the same sketch Cindy used on the RAK card she sent me yesterday.

I started out by stamping the Love circle with Ultramine Stazon on Paper Accents pearlized white paper. I then colored it in with prismacolors and mineral spirits and accented with L'il Davis Designs Ice Glitter Glaze. Using my Creative Memories circle cutting system, I cut the image out and matted on increasingly bigger circles, including a Marvy Mega Scallop Circle punch. The patterned paper used on this card is Blue Addison Garden Swirls by K & Company. I actually pulled it out of my scrap pile! Hooray for me! :)

Next I took a 2 x 5" strip of the patterned paper and used my stamp-a-ma-jig to line up and stamp the Vertical Characters in Ultramine Stazon. I then matted this piece with Night of Navy Cardstock and glued down. To continue my doodling challenge I used the Chatterbox Whimsical Doodle Genie and instead of drawing in the lines I just dotted them to add swirls to the patterned paper with my Night of Navy Stampin' Write Marker. I love the Doodle Genie. This line of plastic templates are a great way to add flourishes and doodles to your pages and cards if you're like me and stamp because you cannot draw! :) The flower is an Imaginisce Azure Tiger Lily that comes in a package of 10 pieces with 3 petals each. This card uses two pieces for a 6 petal Tiger Lily. I absolutely love these - asiatic lilies are my favorite flowers! The flower is secured with a Making Memories Jumbo Brad that I embossed with VersaMark and Stampin Up Navy embossing powder. To finish, I punched two rectangle punches in the top to thread my ribbon through and tie a bow. This Navy ribbon is from an order I just made from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

So what do you think? Is the card off, or am I just being too critical of my work? This concludes my doodling challenge for the week. Hopefuly I gave you a few ideas and tips to inspire you. Here are a few ideas for next week's challenge, please let me know what you would most like to see...

A. Altered Anything (anything goes.....except cards)
B. Cat Cards (Lord knows I have enough cat stamps --some you haven't even seen!)
C. Powerful Punches (projects using my seemingly endless supply of punches)
D. Reader's Request (give me your own suggestion for a challenge)

5 comments

  1. Oh Jules!! This is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!!
    I love it to death!! OMG!! You just rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw I vote for Punches...I posted b4 I read everything...sorry I was just so excited about the card!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, I like those colors!!! I say PUNCHES!!! Love em, can't get enough of em!

    OH, BTW...You won my Blog Candy!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you see that you won blog candy over at "hope springs eternal?" way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to brighten my day with a comment! I love hearing from you.

Back to Top