Powered by Blogger.

Hello Shadowbox!

I'm still not feeling very well, but I just HAD to try the shadowbox technique that was yesterday's technique challenge over on SCS. I've wanted to try one of these ever since Dawnmercedes sent me her beautiful City of David one at Christmas time. I liked how this little Cat's Pajamas Love Puppy turned out in my last card so much that I had to use him again.
First I stamped the Medium Heart Circle in Real Red on Real Red cardstock and cut an oval out of the center with my Creative Memories Oval Cutting System. Next I used this as a guide to center the oval over a small square of Basic Black cardstock and cut a slightly smaller oval. I then glued the black piece behind the red piece and pierced around the edges of the black with my paper piercer. I love how this lets the light in on dimensional cards.
Then I stamped Lovestruck in Black Stazon on a Real Read word window punch and layered in front of a Basic Black small oval punch. Did a few piercings at the top and bottom and attached to the Real Red cardstock with Making Memories black mini brads.
Next I lined up my Real Red and Whisper White pieces and scored 1/2" and 1" from both ends. Then I used my Stamp-a-majig to line up the Love Puppy and stamped on the Whisper White with Black Stazon. Then I spruced him up with Real Red marker, red watercolor pencil, an aquapainter and some Strawberry Glitter Glaze (L'il Davis Designs). Then I folded on the score lines and glued the two ends together with Terrrifically Tacky Tape.
Next I made a scalloped border using my slit punch and trimmed to two pieces 4.25" x .5" and adhered to the two sides of the card and cut off the remaining red and white layers behind. I used my 1/8" hand held circle punch to punch the holes in the scalloped edges. For the final touch, I used a glue dot to attach a black and white gingham bow (ribbon from BoBunny designs) to the top of the oval.

2 comments

Kimberly said...

Beautiful card. Love the scalloped edges. It took me all day yesterday to make mine. LOL!!!

dawnmercedes said...

Oooh, Love the lacy sides! Incredibly creative!