Powered by Blogger.

Hello Lumiere!

Today I sat down at my desk intending to work on getting a head start on my 2007 Christmas cards. Instead I saw these Enchante papers left over from today's SCS color challenge and decided to pull out last week's Sketch Challenge again. This sketch is SC106. I used chocolate chip CS instead of Close to Cocoa because I thought it looked better. In my SAB order I got a bottle of Lumiere. A few months ago some gals over on SCS told me I had to have this stuff. Now I've got it and have no clue what I'm supposed to do with it! :) Anyone have any hints? I used it to paint the inside accents of the flower, but then ended up covering it up with crystal effects and glitter, so I have no idea what it would have looked like just plain!
For this card I used all Enchante papers, plus Chocolate Chip and Whisper White CS. I stamped delight in life in Close to Cocoa and colored the flower with Pale Plum and Sage Shadow Stampin' write markers and then added some little dots around the saying in Pale Plum. Used my Mat Pack and a paper piercer to poke holes above and below the sentiment and in the corner of the Sage Shadow paper. Used my Tonic paper distresser to distress the top and bottom of the whisper white panel and then inked with Close to Cocoa ink pad and dauber.
I then stamped the shaded flower from Delight in Life in Pale Plum and used my stamp-a-majig to line up the outlined flower stamp. Next I highlighted with marker and blended with a blending pen. I used a watercolor brush to paint lumiere on the inside lines and center of the flower, then outlined everything on the flower with Crystal Effects and sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds. Dotted around the flower in Pale Plum and cut out. Tied Chocolate grosgrain ribbon around the middle piece and glued everything down on a Whisper White card base.

1 comment

Dale Anne Potter said...

GREAT Cards!!!

Here is a site with Lumiere uses and tips:
http://www.dharmatrading.com/info/lumneo.html