Powered by Blogger.

Hello January Self-Addressed Kit!

I just got my January Self-Addressed kit today and fell in love with these awesome Crate Papers. I knew I would have to play with them if I got a chance today. Everything in me wanted to use Artfully Asian or Kanji, but I am still working on doing the entire set of weekly challenges using one set. These tropical primas came in a set my darling hubby gave me for Christmas - isn't he such a sweetie?!

This card is for the SC107 sketch challenge. I found it a bit challenging to embellish in both corners like the sketch called for. It seems a little unbalanced, but that's just my opinion! :)This was my first time using my new Stampin' Up notch punch and also the Stampin' Up cord. I absolutely LOVE this cord. I've been using some I got from Michael's years ago on clearance, but the Stampin' Up stuff is worlds above in quality (and value!).
To make this card I stamped Delight in Life with Very Vanilla craft ink on the black fleur de lis paper. Then I cut the two panels to the size I wanted, notch punched and layered on Cranberry Crisp (also notch punched). I tied the cord around the bottom of the Delight in Life Panel and attached the Asian coin (purchased at Starlit Studios) and tied a bow. Next I layered the panels and attached the Delight in Life panel with pop dots. Attached the Prima with a big brad I colored black with Black Stazon ink. Next I cut the floral patterned paper, notched the edges, wrapped with gold cord and layered onto Bazzill Cornbread cardstock. To finish off I attached the double panels with mono-adhesive.

No comments