Hello World!

I had intended to launch my new blog on January 1 with pomp and circumstance, but a bout of the flu and then an upper respiratory infection has kept me out of commission for a week and a half. I guess I'll just start posting and fix the bugs and design issues later.

I made this card today for the color challenge on Splitcoaststampers. The colors used are Cool Caribbean, Basic Black and Whisper White. I started by stamping Paisley in Cool Caribbean on Cool Caribbean. Next I stamped Think Big in black on the paisley. The ink is never dark enough for me when I use this stamp, so I always go over it with my Stampin Write marker. Next I did the faux stitching around the letters and the edges of the panel. Layered with 1/8" mats on white, then black. To do the scalloped border I punched 1/2" circles out of leftover paisley stamped Caribbean. Glued them around using my monoadhesive and my Stampin Up grid paper as a guide. Then sponged around the edges with a dauber and the inkpad and finished with some faux stitching. The entire piece is raised on dimensionals.

For the ribbon slider, I used my horizontal slot punch for the slits and then raised the Thanks sentiment panel on dimensionals. I went over the Thanks with my clear glaze pen to give it an embossed feel and shine.

No comments

Thanks so much for taking the time to brighten my day with a comment! I love hearing from you.

Back to Top